Friday, June 21, 2024

Escape to Vernal

Emma also made a getaway just a few days after her school let out for summer. She got invited to go to a ranch (?) with her friend Pidge. I can tell that Emma is my youngest because...I really didn't know much about this ranch and I confess, I didn't do a whole lot to find out. We have grown very fond of Pidge this year, as well as their other friend Carrot. These two friends are both two years older than Emma and have totally adopted her. They show up at our place all the time, usually stopping by Emma's bedroom window before making an entrance through the front door. Actually, they used to also enter via the window until we convinced them that the door was really preferable. They kidnap her and take her for drives and treats, they bring coloring books and crayons when she is sad, and they sometimes even help with math. They are complete sweethearts. 

I believe that Carrot was out of town immediately after school, so she wasn't able to join. Emma was so happy to get invited and I was happy too. Her trip was taking place right as I was starting my job and I was feeling so bad about leaving her home alone all day every day. It was great to just send her off with a friend and not worry about keeping her busy.

I don't actually know much about what they did or even specifically where they went - aren't I the best mom ever? But I know it was near Vernal. I believe they spent some time shopping and playing in Vernal, so it couldn't have been too far. I know they stayed up late, watched lots of movies, slept in, went for walks, worked on their archery skills, made s'mores, and laughed and talked a LOT. What could make for a better trip with a friend?

Here are a few photos Emma shared with me:






No comments: