Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Girl With Many Talents

I don't know how my daughter does it. She has this amazing sixth sense. It happens every time I sit down at the computer. She knows. It doesn't matter what she's doing or where she is - I think she can smell it, or she can feel a shift in the air the second I take my seat. Maybe she has bionic hearing. Whatever. All I know is that the instant I sit down, I hear the pat-pat-patting of her little feet running right for me. And all she wants is to climb on the desk (which she can do without assistance and sometimes despite my resistance) and sabotage whatever I'm doing. She also really enjoys....

...oh my gosh she's coming right now...

...okay. I got her distracted. Like I was saying, she really enjoys dumping out my container of pens or the one of stamps and membership cards. I'm very impressed with her timing, not to mention her uncanny ability to make a huge mess with as few materials and as little time as possible. Amazing.

Here is a video of RAP displaying another talent of hers: flailing and thrashing. I'm amazed that she performs this without injury.



We've had a quiet week since Independence Day - our poor valley is being suffocated in smoke from various fires in surrounding areas. It doesn't smell very nice. Plus we're around 100 degrees every day, so I haven't been very vigilant in getting us out of doors. Hopefully we'll get some cooler weather and a little moisture one of these days. What is this, a desert or something?

P.S. I'm going to reveal myself as the Harry Potter nerd that I am....only one week and four days until book seven.....

2 comments:

ghd3 said...

that is hilarious, especially that she's able to do it for so long.

We're getting some hot weather here, though still about 10 degrees cooler than you.

And we're with you on Harry Potter #7 -- we'll be at the local bookstore that day to pick up a copy (and to arm wrestle about who gets to read it first).

Kathleen said...

She's making me dizzy! So cute!

I'm also a huge Harry Potter nerd...just re-read #6 to rememeber what is happening so I'll be ready to jump right in to #7! Guess I need to plan activities for the boys since I'll be neglecting them for a few days.....