Friday, October 10, 2008

1 Down, 1 To Go


I have always loved my friend Cayenne's sweaters she's made for her kids. They're called Wallabies, and she assured me I'd be able to make one too. So I went out and bought the pattern and the yarn. It turns out that I can make one if I call her at least once a day for a few weeks. But, made it I did, and here it is! (It looks much cuter on Bitty than on the table, by the way.) Now I've started Stomper's and I think poor Cayenne might actually not have to coach me through every step of the way this time. She's pretty good, to be able to, over the phone, figure out what I'm talking about and what I need to fix. She's very talented.

10 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow, the Wallaby is beautiful! You have got some talent. I've only figured out how to make hats. This is very advanced.

Carrie said...

this is very very cute. I love it.

Michelle said...

So cute! I'm impressed. I can't even imagine doing this until my kids are all in school full-time, and by then, they probably wouldn't wear something their mom made!

ghd3 said...

very impressive. they wear these in Australia, right? :)

Windybrook Spinner said...

It is darling! Good good job Rach! I love getting to talk to you so often, so please know I am delighted to help any time.

Melissa said...

I am so impressed with your talents. Do I have any hope? Maybe by the time you finish Stomper's, you will be ready to coach me through the steps. (I have your necklace and I am sorry I have been so negligent in bringing it to you!)

Kathleen said...

Beautiful, Rach! You are so talented!

Anonymous said...

Yes, by far the cutest view of the sweater is with Bitty in it saying, "It is even pink all over the back!"

MRL

tiffrsmith said...

There you go being Super Mom again... very impressive.

Nicole said...

Great Job! It looks perfect.