Thursday, April 08, 2010

Miracles

To quote Maria Von Trapp, I must have done something good. You know you're getting extra help when, on the day you're supposed to leave on a quick overnight vacation with your kids, you're considering donating them to the Salvation Army, and suddenly, the moment we get in the car to leave, everyone is happy and getting along. I kind of can't believe it. We went to a Park City Resort with some friends overnight. The kids were nice. The kids didn't fight. Everyone slept. We had a great time. Miracle. And THEN get this. I came home to an immaculate house. I'll just say that the house was not in that state when I left it. I feel very sorry for all of you folks out there who don't have Troy Preslar as a husband. To top it off we got an emergency phone call at 5:00 from a fellow in our church who was looking for a last minute place to send the missionaries for dinner. Well, blessings abound; I had just had a Costco run on Tuesday so we had good food to throw together in less than one hour, plus the clean house to serve it in. Besides being completely exhausted, I'm completely happy. Many thanks are being sent out this evening!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Of course you did something good! you are always doing good. I am glad it was a perfect vacation. I love that you took a picture of the tear drops....oh poor Bitty.

Windybrook Spinner said...

Strange how going some place can make such a huge difference. We walked two blocks to the park yesterday and Tater especially went from total crank to happy kid again. I can't wait for better weather. He is definitely happier outside.