Friday, May 20, 2011

Back-Blogging

This is old news, but I just have to say that I had such a great mother's day this year.  You know how kids always make these funny little gifts in their classes at school?  Well, I absolutely love them!  My children were psyched out of their minds for me to open up my gifts, each wrapped in slightly clumsy yet precious wads of tissue paper. From Stomper I got an adorable card and a stained glass window - clear paints brushed onto a clear CD case. He painted a picture of our pooch, Alex, who left us almost a whole year ago.  It is so tender!  And Bitty gave me a bookmark that's a little flat wooden doll of herself, plus a little pottery cup she made and painted. If you found these items at a garage sale, they'd be looked over like junk.  But to me, they are the most precious of treasures, showing off the prints of my childrens' hands and the reflections of their sweet little brains.  I couldn't love anything more.  And also Troy gave me this great little gadget that you plug into an iphone and it transmits your music to your car speakers via the radio - your ipod has  its own radio station!  I love it, seeing as how my van, despite her many admirable qualities, lacks an mp3 player jack.  Very thoughtful.

Along with the shower of gifts we also enjoyed visits with both grandmas and dinner at my sister's house.  The day was pleasant and a real celebration of our family.  I'm so grateful to be a mother.


No comments: