Monday, January 23, 2012

Hairstyles and Sing-a-Longs

Bundle.  What a gal she is.  Troy and I have been watching her every day just getting to be such a big girl.  Most of the time we're enjoying her various antics, although I have to say that she is proving to me once again that there is no such thing as the terrible two's - the hard part doesn't come until the threes, that's for sure.  Okay, I guess she isn't three quite yet but we're getting closer and her mood swings and power struggles are gaining momentum.  She especially loves to cross her arms across her chest, look at the floor and scowl to express her anger and displeasure.  How do kids learn that?  Is it just instinctual?  How they figure out that pose is beyond me but I sure laughed my head off at her today as she was doing that and also telling me that she was "still very very mad about me."  But like I said for the most part we just eat her up.

I do have a little bit of a love affair/constant battle with Bundle's hair.  Even before she was born she had quite the head of hair - I had an ultrasound late in her pregnancy and it was so funny - there was something blurry waving around her head as she floated lazily in her little pool and when I asked the tech what it was I was surprised to learn that it was her hair.  She was born with a head full of this caramel colored curly hair, and I have never been able to bring myself to cut it.  Thus, as she is now 2 1/2, it is half-way down her back.  Mostly it's a big fuzzy mess all the time, but after she gets out of the tub it falls in the most wonderful ringlets down her back and I just love it.  And then she spends the rest of the day with it floating in a haze around her head except for the one little bit in front I've been able to plaster back in a rubber band.  Basically if I take the time to do it it is adorable, other than that she looks slightly like one of Orphan Annie's friends.

Best of all, Bundle loves to sing.  Troy has managed to capture a little of her singing, which I have not been able to do because when she sees me with a camera of any kind she instantly stops what she's doing and demands to see pictures of herself.  Troy, as it turns out, is much more sly.

No comments: