Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Breath of Fresh Air

April.  Ahhhhh.  We made it.  (Yes, I know it is the END of the month now, but I started this post a few weeks ago, so the comment was much more relevant then.) This is such a wonderful month, especially when the weather grants us plenty of blue sky, shimmery sun and a little breeze.  We have had a mild spring to say the least, with only a few stormy days and almost no late snow.  Usually we get a few days of waking up to a frozen white blanket over the lawn and in the trees, but it hasn't happened this year and I think I might even bet that we're done with snow for the season.  We have had plenty of chances to venture outside.  Here are some great spring moments this year:

Bitty and I snuck out for a mommy-daughter date to our new favorite frozen yoghurt place, Ugurt, on the UofU campus by The Pie.  Bitty loves it because there are a lot of brightly colored things to sprinkle on her brightly colored yogurt.  I love it because they have toasted almonds to sprinkle on my coconut yogurt and let's not mention the fact that they have pellet ice, diet coke and coconut syrup.  Or the fact that the owner knows me by name.  (Dirty Diet Coke run!)






One afternoon, possibly still in March, the sun was calling the girls outside and they set up an impromptu tea party on the front lawn.  Bundle collected a basket of flowers to act as centerpiece while Bitty busted out a box of Girl Scout Cookies to daintily crunch along with sips of lemonade/tea.  THESE are the kinds of things I'm just going to miss so much some day when my teenagers are busy with friends and no one has any interest in spontaneous lawn parties.








Another of our very favorite outings, which never takes us far from home, are evening bike rides to the school playground.  I don't know that there's much to say besides hurrah for getting out of the house, into the fresh air and zipping around the playground together.  







Also with the arrival of spring comes the reappearance of the hammock on our back porch.  We love our porch.  We love it so much that it kind of becomes like our living room.  As noted by the awkward picture of me practicing cello with Stomper outside.  Just too nice to stay inside, even to practice.





Thank you thank you, Spring of 2014, for being divine.  I love you.  Please don't go away ever.

2 comments:

Linda Ross said...

Spring is the best time of year! Thanks for sharing.

Cullen said...

I loved this post. The playground photos made me feel a little homesick! (in a good way!). We sure love you guys.