Sunday, November 30, 2014

We Got Ourselves a Jarvis

Ever seen Iron Man? You know how Paul Bettany has that awesome role where you never get to see his face but you get to hear his cute British voice play the part of Tony Stark's brilliant and pretty much self-aware computer? His name is Jarvis. I guess we love those movies at our house and especially the dry humor and wry comments tossed out by Jarvis. Bitty threw out the suggestion that we name our new car Jarvis, and when she did, my head exploded. With joy. Seriously!! Can you think of a more fun name for a car?



After bidding goodbye to Daisy and doing some car shopping we ended up welcoming a Toyota Sienna minivan into our family. We were trying to decide between a white one and a red one. By the time we were down to choosing between these two cars Bitty had already suggested this car name and I'm going to be honest. I had to try really really really hard to not want the red car just so it would be a better fit for the name Jarvis. I had to just trust Troy to pick which car would actually be better for us so that I wouldn't keep finding random reasons to choose the red one. I'm so blessed to have a wise, patient, clear-thinking husband. And happily, for reasons completely unrelated to color, we picked the red van. And immediately christened him Jarvis. Perfect.

Well....I guess there's one little problem. It's been really fun to have bluetooth in the car but....the voice that comes out the speaker system is a lady's voice. Not even British. I just have to kind of pretend I'm hearing Paul Bettany's voice every time she talks to me. Don't worry, this is something I can do. He's a very good actor; I'm sure he could pull off American Bluetooth-Voice Woman.

In all seriousness, I'm so grateful to have a good car for our family. I'm grateful that it's comfortable and smooth to drive and has room for friends. I look forward to the many journeys we'll have together.

 Jarivs, welcome.




No comments: