Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Man of My Dreams

Turns out I'm not very good at that thing where it's your spouse's birthday and you plaster social media sites such as Facebook or Instagram with pictures of him along with captions about how wonderful he is and how much you love him.  Those things are very very true.  He really is wonderful.  And I really really love him.  I just didn't really post anything, and I am not sure I took a single photo of him on his birthday.  I am not feeling like a very wonderful wife right now.  Luckily for me, I think that social media posting is not my only option for expressing love for my husband.  You can also make him a cake and give him books of poetry so.... I may have been okay. Phew.  Troy, I love you.  I know your birthday was several days ago (and since it is now past midnight it's officially Tuesday now, thus making your birthday a full week ago) and it's kinda overdue, I would like to say....you're wonderful and I really really love you.

Here are some wonderful things about my husband.

He loves his kids.  And when I say loves, I mean he ADORES them.  It is abundantly clear - just watch him with them.

He loves me.  Thank you Troy, for creating a safe space for me to be my weird and completely awkward self.  And loving me anyway.

He is brilliant and has a memory like a computer.  He just knows stuff and remembers things.  This is very handy.  He's like my own little Siri.  I can just ask him stuff and he knows it.

He's a craftsman.  His vision for our home and other projects is amazing.  He'll propose an idea which I try to visualize and think I kind of get where he's going with something, but the results always floor me.  Like the twinkle lights on our back porch.  He never cuts corners, he just does jobs very very well.

He is a man of faith, even during very challenging times.

He is funny, and irritatingly and charmingly good at teasing.

He is a fanboy of almost all the same stuff I am.  Well, not entirely.  Marvel? Yes.  Joni Mitchell?  Not s'much.  It's incredibly fun to enjoy pop culture with him.

He loves the wilderness and out doors.

I could go on...but we're nearing 1:00 in the a.m.  So I'll just say this.  Troy, you're my best friend.  Thank you for not giving up on me when I had to cancel our first date or when you kept calling and leaving messages and I kept returning phone calls to my neighbor Troy instead of you.  I adore you and consider you to be the best part of my life.  Despite the tickling.  Thankfully the kids are here to share that burden with me.



No comments: