Friday, November 05, 2021

And Then There Were Two

Another month has rolled on by and the events are piling up once again. Time to re-enter the bloggosphere!!! 


The end of August not only brought the return of my oldest child, but it brought the start of school. It was pretty weird to only be getting two kids up and going in the morning and taking pictures of just the girls on the front porch. (How much do you love Romney's shirt? It was a birthday present from friends. Necromancy for beginners!)

Romney started her junior year and Emma made the big step into middle school. She was super nervous and did a fair amount of fretting about all the changes coming her way. I think her biggest worry was that she wouldn't make any new friends and that she wouldn't be able to keep up with her homework.




Now that we are a few months into school, I'm happy to report that Emma has made a couple of really cute friends and is loving her classes. She transferred into a harder math class about halfway through the first term and that was a little rocky but she's getting the hang of it. I really think she's enjoying the middle school experience so far, especially since she has joined an after-school Dungeons and Dragons group every other week and is trying out for the school play. She'll of course just be in the 7th grade choruses but that's just great.

I can hardly believe that Romney is a junior. Covid seems to have just erased a year of our lives. I swear she's still brand-new to high school and is just barely past her freshman year, right? Nope! Thanks, Covid. Things are feeling pretty normal, although the girls still have to be masked up at school. I'm glad they're comfortable with that. We're not out of the woods yet! She's been working on the school's fall play, which was supposed to be a Halloween production of Dracula, but since the director got (you'll never guess) covid and was quite ill, things have been pushed back. I think she's a little burnt out on theater at the moment which is too bad, but I don't blame her.

So yes, the year is in full-swing and we'll be past the 2nd term before you know it. You know, the summer was so horribly hot and felt just eternal that I still feel like I'm recovering from it. Yeah, it's November and I'm still checking in with myself - is it gone yet? Is it really over? That was a really long hot summer. That sucked. Oh, the heat went away like a month or more ago. But I still feel traumatized from it!

No comments: