Tuesday, April 04, 2023

A Quick Note on One of the Best Parts of Life

Picture this. It's late in the evening, getting close to bedtime. It's a cold snowy day (more on the state of the weather coming soon) and Troy and I are sitting on the couch, feet up on the ottoman, just resting since Troy is like 2 days post surgery. Suddenly there is a pretty loud knock on the door. I go and tentatively answer the door, and who is there but our dear friend The Other Troy! Plus his cute daughter. They were in town from Seattle to do a little skiing. I had seen him the month before when he brought his son for a ski trip, but here he was again! How good does it feel to know that you have a friend who makes it a point to come see you even when there's not a lot of time. 

Troy and Lucy came in and we had the most lovely chat. I'm just so so grateful to have friends I love so much.

Here's an awkward photo I snuck of them. 

We had the same treat the day before from our best buddy Ben who came to check on Troy, who also made a late-night loud-knock visit.

Dear friends are one of the world's high points.

No comments: