Thursday, February 15, 2024

Knitting Knotes and a New Record

Well, after three heavenly weeks, Christmas break came to a close. I wasn't that excited to take Romney back to UVU. We all just like having her home. I know we should all be so proud that she's taking the next steps into adulthood and all that crap. But really I just like it better when she is here. I know it's good, though, for her to be with roommates, working and going to school. Here she is with 6 of her 7 roomies. 

And here she is, just a few days into the new quarter, when snow finally made its late appearance. We had just about the greenest Christmas ever.  

I think that last year we kept our Christmas tree up until January 9th, and that was a new record we didn't think we'd break anytime soon. But...our tree this year was just so beautiful. And happy. So why on earth take it down? We easily broke our record this year, mostly because I put away everything except the tree. I love all of our decorations so much, but it does happen that I get antsy for a clean house and some quiet space. I realized I could clean up everything except the tree, and then we could just enjoy it as long as we wanted. I don't think it went away until the 11th or 12th or something. And of course, by the time it went away, it was time to decorate for bleak week!


And now, some notes on my latest knitting projects. It has occurred to me that I haven't blogged much about my "Kneighborly Knitting" - the little ornaments I knit each year to give to a few family members and neighbors. I believe this was my 12th year of making them. I lined them up in what is my best guess at the order I made them. I'm positive about the first couple of years and the last four, but the middle ones I'm not too sure about. It has been so fun to make them.

Pear, Owl, Sheep, Acorn, Pudding, Bunny, Cardinal
Gingerbread House, Mushroom, Chicken, Sweater, Long Johns


Over the holidays, especially as we watched hours of The Lord of the Rings, I worked on a sweater. It's my fourth sweater. I love the other sweaters I've made, but they are all too big, no matter how carefully I watch my gauge as I knit. But I'm happy to say that this sweater fits perfectly. I absolutely love it. 


 

Then, as my Christmas gift to Peter, I let him choose a couple of patterns out of a new book I got this fall - a Star Wars knitting book. I made him a Death Star, which was a way bigger pain than I anticipated, but it's pretty fun. I'm currently working on a hat and fingerless mitts for him now, all with repeating patterns of TIE fighters on them. 

I love knitting. 

No comments: