Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Big Day!

We made it. Christmas actually came. It really was such a fun morning. I think that Troy and I are in the best days, the salad days, I would say, of Christmas - CTP is sold hook line and sinker on Santa. He doesn't even get that excited about him, like he's no big deal, just a normal part of life. He's the man who delivers dinosaurs.

We were all so exhausted from the night before - RAP pulled another near all-nighter due to having the lengthy nap and then snoozing on the way home from my parents' house. So we all slept in quite late. We haven't hit the years yet of the kids being so excited that they wake up at three or something, thank heavens. Troy and I actually woke up CTP a little before nine. He put on this funny bathrobe (more like a smoking jacket if you ask me) that was a hand me down from some dear neighbors. When they gave it to him they said that if he wore it on Christmas Morning he would get extra presents. (Thanks a lot!) Indeed, he decided he had to wear it. He looks pretty cute. Of course, the minute all the gifts were open he took it off, it's purpose having been served, I suppose.

Again, I was so proud of CTP. He was totally able to cope with the fact that not all the gifts were for him. He didn't try to open RAP's presents for her. He was delighted with the gifts he got, mainly a "Green Mega-T-Rex," for which he's been pining. Of course, even as I carefully laid out the gifts the night before, knowing how happy CTP would be, I knew also that within 24 hours he would be asking when Christmas was coming again. Indeed, it was only that afternoon he assured me that it was yet again Christmas Eve and he would be gettting all new presents the next day. I guess this is only normal for a four year old. On only one day a year are most stops pulled - why wouldn't he want it to happen again? As for mommy, I'm good with just the one day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! I love the smoking jacket, er, robe, Chase! and Romney's dress (previous post) is beautiful. Glad you guys had a nice day. I'm sorry we didn't get to do Christmas season dinner with the Preslars this year -- hopefully soon.

Looking forward to seeing you all next year!