Tuesday, May 04, 2010

One Month Shy of the Big Year Mark

It has now been two days since Bundle turned 11 months, but I guess you can understand why I am not blogging so much these days. I seem to spend every waking moment trying to prevent her from killing herself. Ah, the walking has begun, and my life has come to a screeching halt. I don't think I've gone to bed with a clean kitchen in weeks. I guess I could clean it after she goes to bed, but since waking her up is worse than dirty dishes, I don't risk it. I didn't know my house was such a death-trap but the combo of a new walker, a wood-burning stove on a stone platform plus some unfinished plywood stairs that Bundle can get herself up is proof enough.

Let's check out the flip side of my attitude. Bundle is so adorable. She walks like Frankenstein, she looks to anyone in sight for cheers and approval anytime she performs one of her many tricks. She adores her siblings, she's eating actual food with great gusto, she copies us as much as she can and she's sleeping ....well, not great but okay. That's a triumph for me.

Okay, I'm going to be honest. It's 10:30 at night after a very long day and I'm so tired I can't tell if what I'm typing is even coherent much less witty and interesting. I'm going to quit by posting a video of Bundle and a couple of her tricks. I'll type more tomorrow. Maybe.




2 comments:

Gina said...

Oh yes I feel your pain. Oliver is all over climbing like a monkey. I was thinking of you yesterday but for some reason forgot to send you and email. I hope you had a good day remembering your Matthew. Love ya!

stephgardner said...

So cute! What a great little walker!