Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Bundle By Any Other Name

When our little Bundle arrived almost two years ago (!!!), her blog name just seemed obvious.  She was such a perfect little bundle!  As she has gotten older I've really wondered about finding a new name for her, but she has made it clear that Bundle is still perfect.  Over the past few months she has become very attached to her pacifier and her blanket.  Not one or the other, but both at the same time.  All throughout the day she'll suddenly state, "Binki!  Bankie!"  (It's a good thing the two are always demanded together because it's nearly impossible to differentiate the two words.)  She'll go in search of her beloved items - luckily she has multiples of each otherwise I'm sure I'd be scrambling all the time to located them, since she seems to randomly dump them as quickly as she demands them.  She'll then bring me, after firmly lodging her binki in her mouth, one of her blankets.  After handing it to me, she'll turn around and start reversing - I keep expecting to hear the BEEP BEEP BEEP of a truck as it backs up - knowing that I'll be there with the blanket outstretched so she can just back right into it.  I then wrap it around her and tuck it under her arms which she then folds in front of herself so she's all wrapped up.  It's adorable.  She walks around for a while, all bundled up, just like she's always liked it.


Oh yeah, she also loves this big puffy pink coat - she'll often refuse to take it off all day long.  So once wearing the coat and wrapped in the blanket she's so puffy I can barely pick her up. It's like holding a marshmallow.  A giant pink marshmallow.

She's been totally healthy this week, for the first time in what seems like months, and it turns out she's quite charming and adorable when she feels good!  Sorry to say that I'd almost forgotten how much fun she is.  Bundle has been talking up a storm - she repeats everything I say (which is sometimes alarming....) and seems to understand it too.  I love how she walks around the house and says, "Mom!  "Meere!" (Come here.)  And I'm also happy to report that her appetite has returned with a vengeance.  We may get her to gain a pound or two for the first time since she turned about 1.



Oh yeah, one more thing.  I do have to report on Bundle's love affair.  Besides calling for her binki/banki combo all day long, I also regularly get a call for "Buzz! Woody!  Jessie!"  That girl adores her Toy Story.  I try to not play it non stop, but I will confess to having used it from time to time to completely absorb her while I got something done.  Thankfully Stomper went through a similar love affair when he was two so we have an actual Buzz and Woody on hand to keep her company.  I see a Jessie entering our life in the near future.  I just can't decide if it will be on Easter or on her Birthday that it will get delivered.  I know Easter should really be less about the gifts, but I can't help getting excited to see her reaction to the arrival of a Jessie doll. I don't know if I can wait until June.


I'm just not entirely sure that Jessie will fit in the stroller!

3 comments:

bella said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!!!! the pink puffy coat with the blanket it just too much! she is a hoot! and honestly, who doesn't have a love affair with buzz, woody and jessie?

Melissa said...

I love the whole backing up thing. Peter does that, too when he wants to climb up on my lap for a story or something. It makes me laugh every time.

Jordan said...

oh my goodness! her hair is getting so long! I really have been out of the loop I guess. She is changing so quickly it seems! Glad to hear she had a healthy week! Someone sure the heck needed to have one this winter! :)