Tuesday, June 05, 2012

The Perfect Storm. I Mean Weekend.

Don't you love that thing that happens when every single upcoming event on your calendar falls on the same weekend?  It seems to happen more often than seems logical or even possible but there it is.  This happens to have been just one of those weekends.  It wasn't bad at all, in fact it was completely wonderful in many many ways.  It was just kinda hectic.

Here's the rundown.  We had....a 50th wedding anniversary party for my in-laws at our house, my brother and his family staying at our house for three nights, 2 separate trips to the zoo to see the new Rocky Shores exhibit, a luau for a graduating nephew, an end-of-season soccer barbecue, a birthday tea party for my now-three-year-old daughter, a PTA meeting, church, lots and lots of cleaning and decorating, catch-up-blogging, finding volunteers for our school's Family Fun Carnival and feeding everyone all weekend.  Oh yeah, plus one diorama of an American crocodile in its habitat due Monday morning.  (Mrs.3rd Grade Teacher, don't you know, a diorama for my son is a diorama for me?) So add making lots of homemade play dough to the list as well. (Side note, I really love Stomper's 3rd grade teacher.  Just a bad weekend for the diorama.)

So, yes, it's been a bit busy.  But it all went beautifully.  I think I'll blog about a few of those things separately and just start with one event here.

My sweet in-laws celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary here on Friday night and it couldn't have been more fun.  It was just our Preslar family and we had a great time hanging out on the back porch chatting and grilling while the kids ran wild in the forest at the back of our yard.  (Yes, there was a boy cousin wielding the Captain America shield at all times.) We shared memories and made grandpa cry, we watched a slide show of wonderful old photos, we listened to music on Pandora from 1962 which was a lot of fun.  It was a lovely celebration and I feel very blessed to be a part of the Preslar family.






1 comment:

Michelle said...

I think it's the entire month of May, not just the weekend! Funny coincidence, my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary is next Tuesday—I've got many hours of work left to finish their slideshow, but Melissa told me about your Pandora idea, and we love it!