Saturday, November 10, 2012

What a Difference a Week Makes

Troy has spent the morning outside clicking away with his camera, taking pictures of our kids rollicking away in the fresh-fallen snow.  FM 100 is already playing Christmas Carols with fervor. (Not that I listen to FM100.  Usually.  Ahem.....moving on!)  I am sitting at the table hanging out waiting for my kids to come tromping snow all over the kitchen while crying because their fingers are so cold, but for the moment they are having an absolute ball playing in the snow.  We have about five or six inches out there, which I swear is more than we ever got at one time all last winter.

We just started flipping through pictures on the camera and were shocked to see what we were doing last Saturday.

Here, take a look.  Last Saturday:





And....
This Saturday:




Now, I am not condoning the use of Christmas Carols before Thanksgiving, but I will tell you there is some holiday excitement fluttering around here.  I'm sure by next week when it is warm and dry again and we can rake up all the leaves which are currently dampening under the snow we'll be feeling more fall-ish again.  I would just like to let Mother Nature know that if she wants me to feel lots of holiday spirit this year all she needs to do is bring on the snow. Because I am tempted to get out the Christmas decorations today.  I'm not going to do it, but I am thinking about it.

1 comment:

Cameron and Allison said...

I was feeling a little Christmasey myself and I realized why: When we get those awful early snows that come in October and totally interrupt a perfectly good autumn, I have no fond feelings for that first snowfall. But this year we had such a fantastic fall that I couldn't help but welcome this snowstorm... and there you have it-- the only time I welcome snowstorms is when it's Christmastime... so bring on the FM100!