Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Another Year Gets Started



Another school year is upon us. 2016-2017....wait, is 2017 right? That number is just SO HIGH!! That is seriously weird.  But here we are. We made it through another summer.


Here's my giant 8th grader - feeling a bit more confident than he had one year ago. (And puh-leeease don't remind me that next year he will be a high schooler. I can not currently handle that.)




Now that some weeks have gone by, I'm thrilled to report that Cap is having a really great year. I was quite happy with our choice to send him to Clayton last year, but I'm even more so this year. I love his teachers, he is doing really well in his classes, he's happy and more confident. Okay, we still have our moments, but the child is 13 going on 14. That's how it's supposed to be, right?



And the girls!  This is actually the last time they will ever be at the same school....ever.  Wah!!!!! I hate that! They haven't figured that out yet and I'm not telling them because Skippidy has already had a few very tearful incidents thinking about being at Wasatch without her big sister next year.  I'm sad too but I'm trying to be brave.  Bitty is now a 6th grader which is just crazy - I'm imagining that I'm going to feel that way pretty much from here on out.  And Skippidy is a 2nd grader - still one of the cute littles but not for long.  Both of them have lovely teachers whom we have had before with Chase. Bitty is blossoming as a sixth grader although her math homework is starting to bring her down.  Skippidy is enjoying her pirate-loving teacher, although is occasionally anxious about her strict nature when other kids misbehave. (Hi, anxiety, nice to see that you've made it to another family member.) She has decided to omit the "Mrs." from her teacher's name and refers to her as just Lloyd. As in, "Lloyd was barely even strict today." It is so funny.




And me? Poor me? What was I to do without my kids at home to ask me to do stuff for them all the dang day long?  I'll tell ya:


Here's to a wonderful year ahead. And just so you know I was only in that hammock for like 10 minutes before I had to get up and start doing the stuff I couldn't get to all summer long. But those were 10 awesome minutes.  

1 comment:

Linda R said...

I love your hammock shot!
Thanks for sharing the great pictures!