Monday, September 17, 2018

Summer SumUps: Emma

With all Romney had going on over the summer, I felt a little bad for Emma who wasn't quite old enough to do anything like what Romney was doing. So I signed her up for a few little camps here and there, and by the time I was done finding little camps her summer was jam-packed as well. She was on her toes!

Emma did have a wonderful summer playing with a couple of friends - they are two years old than she is and are so sweet about inviting her along with them - Camilla and Anna. I was grateful for the time they spent keeping each other busy on days they were free!








I have to post at least a couple of the pictures Emma is always making me take of things she finds amazing and wants to remember forever, such as double cereal squares and dinosaur-shaped popcorn. I can't tell you how many pictures of this kind I have on my computer and phone. She doesn't like to let anything go! EVER.


At first, we just had some free time, so here are some more pictures of a trip to the aquarium we took, dragging the Tall Boy along with us:







 I ended up putting Emma in a half-day sewing camp twice during the summer. I don't have a picture of her at class or with her teacher Jane, but I'll say that it's an honor just having a kid be able to spend time with a wonderful lady like Jane. Emma feels very positive about her time there and loves going. So that took up a couple of weeks, one in June and one in July.

Right after the week of the 4th of July, Emma got to be in a little day camp at Wheeler Farm with her friend Cecilia. They spent their days making crafts, learning about animals, petting a few, playing games and even ended the week with a horse ride. Emma loved it. The biggest issue was the heat - it was such a dang hot dry summer, fires everywhere for months, making the air yucky. Just HOT. Emma, as it turns out, doesn't love the heat. Her tummy just turns. She had one little puke fest in the blacksmith's shop one day so I went to get the girls a little early. Luckily that day was the 11th of July - 7/11 day. We felt like a nice cold, wet (and FREE) slurpee was just the ticket.






Emma also was finally old enough (and we finally remembered in time) to register for Apple Camp! We spend three days towards the end of July at the apple store, making movies. We were a little sad because they really changed the way they did the camp - no longer letting the kids film movie footage at home to compile back at the store. It was all in store. And we didn't get a digital copy of her little movie, although I thought she did a great job. 


And finally I put her in a little cooking class, taught by Romney's singing teacher - this woman is pretty amazing. She teaches sewing, cooking, swimming and singing. She's great with kids and Emma had a ball cooking some great stuff. She's hilarious. She LOVES cooking but won't really eat much of the stuff she makes. Oh well! We all really enjoyed it!



So yeah, I basically just drove Emma places all summer! She and I were serious buddies and I loved that she had a chance to do so many fun things. Great summer for Emma!

No comments: