Wednesday, August 03, 2022

While We're On the Subject

As long as we are on the subjects of hair cuts, I feel I need to walk you through the progression of Romney's hair cuts. That girl needs to stay away from the internet and all of its enticing photos of cute haircuts. Romney can't resist them.

It was not that long ago that Romney had hair down to her waist. I get why she cut it. It was a pain to take care of. She got it cut up around her shoulders and looked beautiful. 

But in December, she found out that a friend of hers has experience cutting hair. She decided that what she really wanted most was to get curtain bangs. We could not talk her out of it, and one evening three cute girls came to our house to visit Romney. One girl was there to do the trimming and two girls were there to talk about it and laugh a lot. 


 


Then in the springtime she saw all these photos of sort of shaggy short cuts. Of course, they always looked perfect on the models who were showing them off, but I had my doubts about how it would go for Romney, especially since she doesn't have a her own hairdresser waiting to make everything all better at any given moment. But I confess, she looked pretty cute.

But she wasn't done yet! It wasn't super long before she started showing me more internet photos of perfect haircuts on perfect French women and telling me how much she wanted it. It was a cute cut - like a poofy French bob with lots of movement and swing. I sighed and said ok. We went and gather hair cut, even shorter this time. And once again...it's pretty cute. 





So I guess I just let her do whatever with her hair. I feel a lot better about that on the days she tells me she wants to grow out her hair. I feel less good about that when she talks about shaving her head.

No comments: