Wednesday, September 06, 2023

Getaway #4, Plus, A Bad Day for Mommy

I have exactly ZERO photos of Emma's next getaway. This time it was Brighton Girls' Camp - once again with her bestie, cousin Cara. We have some before photos:

 

These were taken in the parking lot of the stake center near the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon where the busses pick up and drop off all the campers. I had the happiness of bumping into one of my old staff-members, the famous Ookie. So fun to catch up with her and reminisce about the very camp we were sending our daughters off to. 

I had a busy day that day already. Sheri and Cara came up on Sunday, I drove the girls to the camp drop off Monday morning, then Sheri stuck around long enough to be my chaperone later that day for....

duh duh DUN.......

My very first colonoscopy! I am 50, after all. There is also no photo evidence of that event, praise be. Actually there is but I'm keeping my medical file confidential. I only have the before photos of myself as well, after purchasing some very important supplies at the local CVC pharmacy. I look a little more excited than I felt. It was not my favorite day, but it wasn't as bad as I was fearing. 

Sheri picked me up, took me to get food thank heavens, and tucked me in at home before heading back to St. George.

In the meantime, here's what Emma loved best about camp.

Actually repelling down the rock!

Having an awesome counselor, Marit. (Who, just last week, got called to serve in Chase's same mission!)

The Staff in general who was so amazing and kind.

The Brownie hike

The Craft Shack

How they will encourage you to try new things but not force you


I picked up two very tired and happy girls. They wept pretty much the whole bus ride home.


Cara had fancy braids in all week long and finally took them out at our house - quite the kinky-do!



Here is Emma finally bidding goodbye to Cara - she got to stay the weekend with us which we loved. Cara is so sweet and amiable and just pleasant to have around.


And are we done with the getaways yet? Absolutely not! There is one more to come. Emma traveled enough for the whole family this summer.








No comments: