Sunday, January 21, 2007

Attack of the Milk Gnome

I am certain I am not going to be able to pay this story justice. But I'm going to try. Yesterday CTP and Troy had a nice long father/son outing including a movie and a visit to Grandma and Grandpa. They were out quite late and I was sure CTP would be a wreck when they came home, but he seemed okay. That is, he was okay until the milk. He wanted some milk, so Troy poured him a cup. CTP had a couple of swallows and then left it on the kitchen table. A few minutes later he returned for more, went to take a huge gulp, and found his cup empty. He was very distressed and said, "Hhhhheeeeeeyyyyyyyy - where's my milk?" I was in the other room, but I could just hear the guilty look on Troy's face. And then I heard this. "Well C, there was a little milk gnome who came and drank it up!" I was shocked to hear Troy weasel out of a confession and blame it on .... a milk gnome? I started laughing so hard and then Troy started laughing harder, which made CTP
so upset. His little bottom lip was stuck out and he was making every effort to not cry. I assured him we weren't laughing at him, but at what daddy had said. CTP let me know that although I found a milk gnome to be of little consequence, he was very upset by the creature living in our kitchen and stealing his milk.

1 comment:

ghd3 said...

That is choice. I wonder if we have any gnomes in Seattle....

I trust young Chase recovered from the surprise of learning there's a milk-drinking gnome on the premises.