Sunday, January 21, 2007

You Know You're Pregnant When....

So the other day I had a few moments to myself and I decided to use them to fold some laundry. In the meantime, I put on the audiobook of Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie. I was near the end of the story and listening happily along when it came to the part where Wendy grows up and is no longer able to go to Neverland with Peter. Oh yeah. I totally started crying. Like snuffling, snorting sobs. It was so sad and so true and so real to me, especially at that moment - and that plus the slight hormonal imbalance made for a very wet and boogery combination. Pathetic? Perhaps.

1 comment:

ghd3 said...

I'm not pregnant (at least as far as I know), but when I was in NYC last week for work I went and saw Mary Poppins on Broadway (it's great -- a must see if you're there). By the end, I, too was all choked up and sniffling. I'm sure the couple next to me thought, 'boy, I hope this guy's all right...'. Just the whole father-gaining-perspective element of the story (much more deliberate in the stage production than in the Disney movie), was quite poignant, and well, what can I say: sports movies and, well, Mary Poppins.