Sunday, June 29, 2008

The New 'Do

It was Stomper's idea. Really it was. I guess the idea came from a show he really enjoys called The Avatar - the hero is a bald kid named Aang:



Stomper has been begging and begging me to shave his head. He didn't just want short hair, he wanted to be bald. BALD bald, like a ping pong ball. I told him we'd do the best we could and we used the clippers with no attachments on them. I wasn't willing to go after his head with my razor, but he seemed pretty content with the buzz. Now he's wondering how I'm going to attach a blue arrow to his head. Huh. I haven't figured that one out yet. What's funny is how much I love that bald little head of his. I can't stop rubbing it, which drives him a little crazy. I'm also loving his brown little face, now framed in by his pasty white pate, except for one little brown spot on the back of his head where his cowlick is - I guess the sunshine could get through there. Anyway, he's suddenly shy about it and doesn't like people to talk about it, but I love his little head so much I might keep him shaved clean all summer!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Stomper looks so cute! In the last picture he looks EXACTLY like Troy.

Kelly said...

That is too cute. We did that to my son when he was 8, and he was such a skinny looking thing that it made him look like a concentration camp victim. We haven't done it since! But Stomper was meant to be bald!

Kathleen said...

Cute summer do! I agree with carrie, he looks so much like Troy in some of those pictures!