Friday, June 06, 2008

Off to a Good Start



Here we are, looking down the barrel of another summer. Those endless summer days are stretching ahead of us in a mirage of high heat, kids fighting, and too much t.v. Well, so far, we're off to a good start, partly because our temps are still in the 70's with cloud cover and rain showers. Last summer I felt like I did a good job embracing the season and planning many fun things to do, so that's what I'm going for this summer as well. We've already signed up for swim lessons (although they start next week and I think it's going to be seriously chilly at 9:35 in the morning) and some fun summer school stuff for Stomper. And this week I got the whole family out the door and on a bike ride to the new Luna's Italian Ice Cafe on 9th and 9th. It was actually really fun to have a little family date that included semi-decent exercise and a sweet treat (mango with soft-serve vanilla ice cream is really unbeatable, by the way.) We bought that bike trailer at a garage sale several years ago, before Bitty was even born, and we've never put it to much use. I'm glad to say that this year it's already been out four or five times and I don't totally hate it. Of course, I avoid major hills because I can't get up them, but a nice outing along 9th East is really quite fun. Now wish us luck on the kids fighting part, because I don't know how to fix that. I've tried clonking their heads together, but to no avail. Ha Ha.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

You look good on the bike, all safe and stuff! I love being out, biking, walking, enjoying lovely evenings!