Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Oh, I'm Stimulated.


I am reserving judgment on President Obama's economic stimulus plan. But I'd just like to say that I feel stimulated. Very stimulated.

I can not find a single route to a single destination I regularly drive to that is not slowed or blocked by construction. Perhaps the sudden onset of at least 30 major road construction projects is not due to the stimulus. But maybe it is.

I am LOVING this.

The real story is that I have been driving Bitty to the Millcreek area to go to preschool because it was the least expensive program I could find. I thought it would work fine, that it wouldn't be a big deal. It took about one day to discover that it wouldn't work fine and it was a very big deal. Not only was I spending an exorbitant amount of time in the car and money on gas, but the construction just makes it worse. Plus Bundle, my first baby ever who actually likes to sleep in her bed, ends up taking her first nap in the car and it just screws up the whole day. I even tried waking up Bundle at 5:30 in the morning one day so she could take a nap before we left for school. Oh yeah, that day was awesome. What I actually mean is that it was horrible. So finally I made a couple of phone calls, found out that the school I really wanted to send Bitty too still had openings and that happily, I was totally wrong about the price and it was only 20 bucks a month more than the Millcreek school. Yipee! So tomorrow, we have our third (and hopefully final) first day of school this fall.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah for you! (Although I was really just hoping that you'd move to the Millcreek area to simplify your commute. I guess a new school for Bitty is the next best thing.)
I feel your pain on the whole construction thing. I have to go through it many times a day.

Bella said...

oh yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a pain you have been going through lately! yuck! hope the new school works out great!

Windybrook Spinner said...

Wonderful news. I hope it goes well. It's hard to change schools, but I'm sure it will be so much better for both of you.

Nicole said...

I have my fingers crossed! Good luck to all of you!

Unknown said...

I am glad that it worked out. Where did you end up taking her? I've been catching up on your blog and I am so impressed with everyone! Go Preslars!

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Lose Slow Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Quickly Find Movies, PC Games, MP3 Albums, Applications & Download Them at Accelerated Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup[/B][/URL]