Sunday, October 18, 2009

Glorious Day

What a day. Can you believe this weather? Couldn't be more perfect. After the sudden onset of cold last month (we went from using our cooler to using our heater within a day!) I was missing a little warm fall time. Well, today made up for it. Nice morning at church, and then Bundle decided to be extra nice and took a two hour nap as soon as we came home. Stomper and Bitty also pitched in and let me sleep for an hour too (miracle!). Then we packed up some snacks, apples and water and headed to what we call "Oma's New Park," a.k.a. Evergreen Park. Couldn't have been more gorgeous. Blazing leaves everywhere, lovely warm sunshine, me on a comfy camp chair with a fat happy baby, my kids having a ball. Stomper and Bitty obviously haven't been to the park in a while and really needed to just run. I enjoyed a long conversation with a fellow husky-owner. Well, actually her pup had died last year at the age of 14 (yikes, Alex is 13...) and they just got a new lab/aussie mix. Cute pup. Anyway, it was one of those days when we got to the park and the kids just took off and stayed happy for almost two hours. I just wish I had brought the camera!

6 comments:

tiffrsmith said...

Yea for happy kids! I took my little guy out to enjoy the perfect weather today too! Like you, I had been longing for a nice autumn day. I'm glad we finally got one!

jefferies said...

you need to remember that camera!

ghd3 said...

Sounds like a fabulous Fall (Sun)day.

Glad you made the most of it!

Windybrook Spinner said...

We LOVE Evergreen Park. We should meet up there one day. I guess it is still accessible with all the construction/demolition next door? We haven't been there in awhile.

Keersten said...

It is perfect weather! Call us next time you are at Evergreen and we'll come join you. Of course it is the "Cinderella park" to my girls (and Michael's slight annoyance.) Vive le pumpkin!

The Burts said...

Rachel - just catching up on some major blog reading here. I love your updates! I always feel super guilty when I go to your blog which I love because it is how mine should be and I realize how my one post a month is really weak. Thanks for your fun family pictures and stories!