Thursday, August 12, 2010

Now THAT was Awesome

I have been waiting for today for like four months or something.  I can't remember when it was that I got a message from the kids' elementary school announcing that they could get discounted tickets to The Lion King when it came to Salt Lake.  It was in the spring sometime.  My friend Terri Lyn and I got on the list right away.  I'm so very very glad we did!  Tonight was the night and it was incredible!  The opening number alone was so amazing that I found myself crying a little I was so overcome with the power of all those beautiful people, all the powerful top-of-their-lungs singing, the magnificent set and costumes...the energy in that room blew me away.  We had awesome seats, we got to be right by a percussionist right in the balcony. My kids, Stomper and Bitty, were so good.  They were excited, they sat still, they didn't misbehave in the slightest.  And speaking of behaving, little Bundle stayed home with her daddy and though she required some high maintenance, did not totally freak out.  She went to sleep for him.  Miracle!  Best night ever.  I'm on such a high!  I so wish I could go see it again tomorrow!  Thank you, creative people of the planet, for making that show what it was. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That is awesome!

mrsmckracken said...

I'm so glad to hear it went well. You have such great kids...we had fun with them. Wyatt had to talk all about Stomper to Dad when he got home. Also, I'm so jealous...it looks like an awesome show!