Tuesday, January 18, 2011

PHOOEY

OR:

"Why January in the State of Utah, When Occuring in Combination With Being the Parent of a Very Sick Toddler,
Sucks My Will to Live, Not to Mention Any Desire to Blog Ever Again."

After that title, I don't think there's really much else to say, right?  It has been a very long couple of weeks, and it has been a rare occurance for dinner to be made or the dishes to be done, much less any creative journaling going on.  Poor Bundle has been a mess (the booger post from a couple of weeks ago was just the beggining,) and has slept well only when cradled in my arms.  I tried not to get tense about that, because she's quickly heading out of the baby phase, but it was a little hard when I could barely get dressed or shower without her having a complete meltdown. 

Yesterday and today have provided me with hope and a lightness of heart that I haven't had in quite some time.  First of all, last night the kids and I joined some friends for a night time walk through the rain up to the UofU campus.  Cold, yes.  Rainy, yes.  Wonderful to be out in clean air?  I can't even tell you how wonderful it was.  And then today the kids don't have shcool so we took advantage of the above-freezing temps (first time in more than two weeks!) and went to the zoo.  Oh happiness.  Air.  Sun.  Beautiful clouds.  Walking hard.  Playing with the kids.  I think I'm going to make it through January.  But just barely.

Well, I tried to post some pictures I took at the zoo, but my phone is refusing to cooperate.  Oh well.  And just so you know, January gets a lot better when your neighbor shows up on your doorstep carrying a lovely little square box labeled "Paradise Bakery" and the smell of chocolate and cinnamon comes wafting your way.  Thanks, Blair.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't claim the sick toddler, but everything else in your title seems to apply. Thank goodness for the sunshine (while it lasts).

Cullen said...

Blair is pretty awesome.

The Young Men used to call him "Saint Blair the Bybee" because whenever we went to clean the church, we always found a note from him advising he'd already taken care of the chapel.

I hope the rest of January goes smoother for you!

Bella said...

poor rachel and poor bundle!!! sooo not the most enjoyable time. i'm so impressed that through all the ickiness you made it outside twice in 2 days!! way to go!

Sheri said...

Come down here! 60 degrees and sunny. Although I have to admit Adam and Whit's house seems an even better idea.