Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Long Time Coming...I Mean Going.

Bitty just has not been on the same tooth-losing schedule that Stomper was.  I swear that boy spit them out like watermelon seeds one year until he had the most mangled-looking mouth around.  Bitty has chosen an apparently more ladylike schedule of occasionally  losing a tooth and then politely growing the new one in before moving on to the next.  Her two front teeth have been wiggly for more than a year without making much progress but finally finally one of them was on the verge of falling out after she kneed herself in the face and knocked it loose. More loose, that is.  I was a little sad to see it get so wiggly because I knew the days were numbered for her sweet and perfect little baby teeth - not one cavity yet!  (I AM a good mother! Oh no, wait, Stomper had like four, so I guess I take that back.)  Kids' faces just seem to change after those little pearls are gone and these big jagged permanent monsters take their place.  It takes a long time for their cute faces to grow into those big teeth!  I changed my mind about my sorrow however after she wiggled it so hard it started hanging at an angle, slightly protruding from the rest of her teeth.  She looked a little too buck-toothed yokel-ish.  Is that a word?  I don't think so.

Tuesday night it was so loose she couldn't even sleep.  Finally, as I was drifting off to sleep I heard a very un-sleepy holler from downstairs and instantly knew that the tooth had finally been wiggled free.  Hurrah.  Of course, Bitty was all set to sit down and write a lengthy epistle to the tooth fairy right then, but I talked her out of it, thank heavens.  I probably would have been okay with a quick note except that the tooth fairy always leaves a gold $1 coin in place of the tooth and I happened to know that the tooth fairy was out of them last night and would need to stop by the credit union sometime before bedtime the next day.  So I sent her off to bed after she showed off her gap to her daddy.  It's pretty cute.  She already has a lisp and now with her mithing tooth ith even worthe.


Okay. Cute, but still possibly a little yokely.

1 comment:

Cullen said...

Cute photo! Endearing and not yokel-ish at all!

I hope the tooth fairy made it to the Credit Union today!