Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer. No Need for Explanation.

Okay, I will explain a little.  I'll just say it like this.  During those lazy days of summer I not only do not have enough time to do the things I'd like to do, I don't really have time to do the things I DON'T want to do.  Like the dishes.  Laundry, vacuuming, you know, that kind of thing.  Even though our days are packed beyond packed with lovely lovely things I still can't quite manage to dang get the dishes done more than about twice a week.  Ah, well.  It's all good.

So here's some of the stuff we're up to.

For starters, we decided to buy these little things you may have heard of called the Utah Pass of All Passes - only half the people in the state bought them which means that pretty much any time you go to a pass-accepting location you're going to see what it looks like to be in the same pool as half of the state of Utah.  But actaully it's been really fun.  The major attraction on this pass is Seven Peaks Water Park, previously known as Raging Waters, where I haven't been since about sixth grade.  My kids adore going and I've been impressed with all the different levels of activities there are to do there - yes, there seem to be some fixer-upper projects there but really it's pretty awesome.  Best of all I love watching Stomper build up the courage to take on the really big slides that basically shoot you off of a cliff.  And also I love watching Bitty who just hangs out in the big wave pool, throwing herself upon the waters with wild abandon.








Another place we can go with our passes is the Tracy Aviary.  I wish summer weren't so hot, dang it, because the Aviary would be really fun if you weren't sweating out half of your body weight.  Too much?  Sorry. Anyway, the kids do love it especially if I let them feed the Lorries - these pretty little yellow birds that are really loud and like to snatch apples out of your fingers.  Bundle even got in on the action this last time which I wasn't sure she'd do but she loved it too.








So those are a couple of our regular haunts that prevent all the dish-doing at my house.  I guess swimming with my kids in the hot summer sun really is better than having a clean kitchen, but I will confess that it doesn't always seem that way.  But like everything else, when fall has come and the summer sunshine has cooled and we are no longer melting as we stand in line for getting hurled down a pink plastic slide and my kitchen is clean as can be, I'm going to be sad.  But for now, I'm also sad.

I'm a dork.

1 comment:

Windybrook Spinner said...

Being a mom is so much fun and so much work! We went to the zoo this week and lost half our body weight in sweat too, but the Rocky Shores is pretty awesome. We ended up with an annual pass, so I guess we'll be melting there a few more times at least. =) My kids go back to school in two weeks and I'm sad, even though I will not miss the fighting and I'll be glad to have time to get some things done again.