Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Visit to the State Fair

Poor Bitty.  I am really in debt to her, I think.  When Stomper was a little toddler I took him on adventures around the city all the time.  Then Bitty came along and it got a little harder, and soon she became a tag-along on many of Stomper's appointments rather than going on outings of her own. Now they are both big old elementary school kids and are gone most of the day and here I am with Bundle all alone and we get to go on outings just like the old days.  So yeah, I need to do some special outings with Bitty.

In the meantime, let me report my latest super fun outing with Bundle.  One of my favorite things to do with Stomper every fall was take him to the State Fair.  I stopped going when Bitty came along because Stomper was big enough to not care as much about the animals and just wanted me to buy him stuff from all the stands. We kind of stopped going. So this year when my friend Krista invited Bundle and me to go I was excited to say yes.  Bundle loved visiting the animals and some of the craft displays.  Can I say that there are a lot of strange things out there on display at the old State Fair? Well, there are.  And it's kind of wonderful actually. And yeah, weird.

I have this old picture of Stomper getting freaked out by farm animals - I'll have to see if I can find it.  And I had such a similar moment with Bundle - there was this massive cow that totally freaker her out and even though she kind of wanted to check it out she also had to bury her face in my neck every time we came near it.  I think Stomper did that with the goats.

Sooper Dooper Excited!

...until a goat nibbled her shirt.  Wasn't so sure how she felt about goats after that.

Couldn't find the picture of Stomper and me, but it looks pretty much just like this.



No comments: