Saturday, October 20, 2012

Super Proud!

We have a really fabulous Primary President.  We have had a lot of them in our ward and I'm so grateful for all the time they have given our kids.

This year the kids were challenged to learn and memorize all 13 Articles of Faith before the end of the year.  Honestly, I wasn't sure it was going to happen.  For one thing, I knew that if the kids were going to do it it was going to be up to me to find the time and energy to GET them to do it.  Plus, it's a lot to memorize.  But I totally underestimated my kids.  That's probably because I expected them to be grudging about doing the memorizing, me nagging and nagging like always.  But it was the complete opposite - the kids really wanted to do this and actually eagerly worked on each one.  And really, I thought we would kind of get through each article and then they'd forget it as we moved on to the next but actually they had them all down cold, give or take a word here and there.  Even still we go over about one a day and they have them memorized still.  I'm very proud.  I think it's the first time I've had them all memorized in my life!

So....I besides the fact that my kids are motivated and have above average intelligence, I must confess that they had a bit of outside motivation as well.  Our afore-mentioned fabulous Primary President offers to each child who completes this formidible task is awarded one giant chocolate chip cookie.  And when I say giant, I mean large-pizza-sized giant.  That's really all it took for my kids to want in on this project.  When they were awarded with their cookies they were beyond ecstatic.  Stomper began consuming his almost immediately while Bitty started weeping because she couldn't keep it forever and ever.  So, we took some pictures so she would feel better about eating it.





1 comment:

Cullen said...

Way to go Stomper and Bitty!!