Monday, May 27, 2013

Mothers Day: A Tribute to Those Who Call Me Mommy

Yes, I am completely aware that Mother's Day was quite a long time ago. And yes, I am aware that I continue on the worst-blogging-month ever trajectory.

I'm trying.

Mother's Day (if memory serves) was wonderful. I got breakfast in bed, and that's all I ever really want on Mother's Day, mostly because it is such a total kick in the pants to see my kids' excited faces as they bring it to me. This year we had a very very busy day - my church calling is in the Primary with the kids and we had projects to do that day, plus I was speaking in Sacrament Meeting so I was up early hustling and bustling around. Bitty got up, saw me out of bed and shooed me right back to bed in so she could go cook for me.

The girls, with thrilled little grins on their faces, tiptoed upstairs and brought me poached eggs on toast, my favorite. I was glad I got up early to finish my last little jobs so I could relax for a few minutes to enjoy it.

I thought that in the spirit of Mother's Day, I would write a little update on each of the kids and some of their activities over the past month or two in honor of my sweet kiddos. I really am so very fond of them.

Mother's Day Cupcakes!

Stopping in for a Creamy at Grandma Preslar's House


I am sure it will take me a few days at least but I will now start on a post for each of my kids....

No comments: