Tuesday, October 08, 2013

October Splendor

Yes, we have had a few days with temperatures dipping far below where they should be, but really, October, we love you with all our hearts.  Some rainy days, some warm and sunny days....I am a little sad that Salt Lake really only sports two or three months a year with the perfect weather but when those months finally get here they can be described only as GLORIOUS.  My friend TL used to use that word often in describing October weather, and I think of her every time I hear it.

Yes, tis the season for sunny park trips, harvesting vegetables and planning Halloween costumes.  Woah...why do I feel tense, exhausted and anxious suddenly?  Oh yeah, because Stomper wants me to make him into a lego ninja character and Bitty has given me a detailed description of the costume she wants me to create for her to turn her into the headless horseman.  Complete with horse.  My blood pressure is going up just thinking about it.

But back to happier October topics - Troy took two of our three kids to the park this weekend and brought the camera - it feels like we haven't taken any real pictures for a long time due to the constant presence of our very handy iphones.  We should do it more often, because the resulting photographs make us happy.  (Bitty was on an excursion with her auntie M, so she wasn't present but had a grand time out.)










No comments: