Thursday, October 10, 2013

Three Little Maids From School

Bundle is having one crazy school year - her preschool is having a lot of trouble keeping a teacher! They didn't even have one at the beginning of the year, had to cancel a day of school because of it. Finally they hired a lovely woman who lasted all of three weeks. Yep, got a phone call this week letting us know that this lovely lady up and quit one morning, no idea why, and we were having school cancelled out from under us for two weeks.  I'm sure there was a good reason but still...

Mommy not happy.

Mommy like school days.

I'm making it sound like I don't love spending time with my daughter. I do, I really do... it's making me a little sad thinking of her being gone all day every school day someday in the not too distant future. But I can't deny, having her gone a few hours for a few days here and there....is really helpful. I just need....a little...BREAK.

Happily, Bundle, in her month of actually going to school, has made a couple of sweet little friends and happily, her sweet little friends have sweet little moms that this sweet little mom really likes. This is a good thing. At the cancellation of school we were immediately texting and within 20 minutes had rotating play dates all scheduled.

Today was my turn. And...I forgot how cranky four year olds can get when their territory is invaded. I forgot that four years old is the time when play dates are just beginning and they are rocky for a while. Case in point: Bundle got upset and asked her friends to please stop touching her walls.

So yes, there were a couple of rough moments that needed refereeing, but over all there were some pretty sweet little moments and these gals are darling together.  An energetic bunch to say the least, and I hope they stay friends for a long time.




No comments: