Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Ch Ch Ch Changes....

As the springtime began to heat up and start leaning into summer, both of my girls made a big change in their appearance. Over just a couple of weeks they both suddenly looked way more grown up and it was a little freaky.

Emma went first - and wasn't necessarily too excited for her big change, because it would come with some discomfort and wouldn't really be flattering for a while but would eventually be dazzling. Yep, she got braces. And it wasn't that fun. She did a great job though, and only ejected herself up and almost out of her seat with a near-puke. Poor thing - she inherited my family's famous gag reflex. 

And now we are enjoying a good 18 months or so of me begging her to go brush her teeth more and try flossing once in a while too.  She's actually been a very good sport, but has an appointment to get things tightened up and adjusted next week so I anticipate some smoothie days ahead.







Isn't she SO DARN CUTE?? 
(She was super smily but later I think a few tears were shed - braces really make your mouth so sore!)


Romney's big change was a little more on the optional side. She has been growing out her hair since she got a super duper short cut in 6th grade. And truly, her hair is just beautiful. And gets a lot of attention. But also it ends up in a big tangly mess and she screams a lot when she gets it brushed out. For a while we tried to lessen the amount of hair by giving her an undercut and that lasted for a while. But then she wanted to start growing it out. Let me just tell you, a growing-out undercut is its own special kind of awkward. Pretty soon, Romney started talking about chopping off her hair to the length of her undercut. I held her off for a while and needed to mentally prepare to say goodbye to that lovely long hair, but Romney knew what she wanted.



One sadness in our life is that both of our haircutters have moved away from us, so I had to go in search of a new stylist. Luckily I asked the right person - a friend directed us to her own stylist and I ended up just loving her! And she did a fantastic job taking the photo that Romney found online and making it just perfect for Romney. Man, did that cut turn out great.




ISN'T SHE SO DARN CUTE???


Yes, both of my girls took a big leap in looking a more grown up and so cute too. Fun changes. I know Emma has a lot to complain about, but deep down I know she loves it that it's finally her turn.

No comments: