Monday, March 20, 2023

Choppity Chop

I think this is the forth haircut Romney has begged for, that we were certain she would regret, and she was certain she wouldn't. And for the most part, she was right and we were wrong.

She started out high school with hair down to her waist, and it's gotten shorter and shorter ever since - often with added bangs. We were not always wrong - I think she did regret bangs a time or two as they were growing out. And she did get super frustrated as last summer's short 'do was growing long again. For a while she thought she wanted shoulder-length hair again but as it was trying to get there she was often close to tears and told me over and over how much she just could not stand having hair touch her neck, nor could she stand pony-tail elastics. Her patience was thin, and all she talked about was getting a super-short pixie cut, or possibly shaving her head. In all honesty, I did not doubt her conviction for one second. I thought she just might shave it herself and be perfectly happy. This is why I gave in and took her to a barber shop to get the pixie cut she was after. 

Why was I so against this? I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I myself sported a very short cut through all of high school and have some lasting feelings about it. Also, we really have heard a lot from Romney as her short cuts have been growing and it has not been positive. But...as per usual...she was not to be dissuaded. She was so so happy. And now, a week later, she is still so so happy. And dang it, she just looks so cute. I don't suppose I'll ever see hair down to her waist again. I'm glad it was there once! I am a romantic about long long hair I guess. I really do think it looks great.





No comments: