Friday, March 31, 2023

Troy Gets ALL the Fun

 ...and when I say fun, I do not mean it at all. 

Poor Troy! Remember his kidney stones? And remember his appendicitis? And remember his double inguinal hernia repair? I mean, seriously. 

His latest adventure seemed to have been related to his hernia surgery. I don't think the hernias or the surgery caused his latest problem, but I think they made the problem more likely. I don't want to get too graphic here, so I'll just say that Troy's undercarriage was in need of additional repairs with some draining of fluids included. You can look up the term Hydrocele yourself if you really want to know more. It wasn't painful, just clearly needed addressing. You know what turns out to be incredibly painful? Addressing a hydrocele. The recovery has not been pleasant in the slightest.

Here are the before and after photos of Troy's surgery. And, now that you mention it, I do actually have a "during" photo that the surgeon took of the fluid-filled area. Even though it doesn't show any recognizable parts of Troy's body, I still think that I should not post it here. 



See that smiling guy in the charming green leisure suit? That's Troy's surgeon, aka Josh. Josh is one of my little brother Peter's very best friends. Josh is also a kid I used to babysit many moons ago. We all found it a little hilarious that my former charge was now performing an operation on my spouse. How the years have flown by! Who knew what that adorable little redhead would get up to one day. 

It's been over a week since the surgery and recovery is still in progress, not helped at all by the addition of back spasms that came on yesterday. So far we are just grateful that they are not signs of another kidney stone. Like I said, poor Troy. I wish I could wave my magic wand and make him all better. I'm sure he wishes the same thing. In the meantime, I will do any required heaving lifting and just keep my fingers crossed that he feels better soon. 

No comments: