Thursday, March 16, 2023

Welcome Home Elder!

No, not our Elder. Just a favorite neighbor and family friend.  



I normally do not take the time to write about other families' missionaries coming home but I couldn't help it this time. This cute returned missionary has been a part of our lives since he was 2 and my Chase wasn't yet born. When Chase turned 3, Cameron was the only guest he wanted at his birthday party. And his journey to becoming a missionary was something we were so honored to witness and found so inspiring. Plus the fact that his two years away seemed to have slipped away in the blink of an eye is also slightly nice to think about, although I know that it probably didn't feel that way to his family. 

The truth is that I'm not even sure what to write here, except to say that it is absolutely incredible to know a young man for his whole life, see him grow up and become an outstanding man. The ways people grow when they sacrifice time and energy for other people is something magnificent to see. We have had a couple of chances to hear message from Cameron and we are all just kind of blown away by how much he has grown. 

This is a very gushy post. Of course I'm extra gushy about missionaries since our own has been out for nearly six months now and already he has developed and learned so much. I'm proud of both of these boys.

No comments: