Thursday, March 29, 2007

That's My Boy!

A couple of nights ago CTP and Troy and I were up late, chilling out and watching a little t.v. CTP asked if he could watch his own show. I was expecting a request for Blue's Clues or at least Prehistoric Planet. No, he asked for "the guy with the funny hair and the glasses who is silly and cooks food." It took a moment for us to figure out what he was talking about, and then it dawned on us that he was requesting my favorite cooking show on the Food Network - Good Eats! This is Alton Brown, my food hero, and host of Good Eats. His is the first show I've ever watched that actually teaches WHY food does what it does when you cook. And he's very silly. CTP just giggles when I have it on. He actually asks me to rewind some parts several times. I was so proud! My boy wants to watch cooking shows with me! Troy instantly started searching for some sort of sporting game...just kidding. Troy loves Good Eats too. Half the time we feel like we should be taking notes on all the information. Alton, you've done well!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love that show too, Cache thinks he is wierd. oh I love cable, we went without it for way to long.