Monday, December 31, 2007

Ten Years!

Yesterday, December the 30th, marked a big day for Troy and me; our 10 year anniversary! we decided to actually do something to celebrate. Most years we're so wiped out from Christmas and New Year's and stuff that we will MAYBE go out to dinner or something. This year with the kids being a little older we had them sleep over at Margaret's house (THANK YOU!) and we went for a sleepover of our own at the Hotel Monaco. It was super fun. Indian food from the Himalayan Kitchen downtown, (not quite Bombay House, but pretty good) and breakfast at the Emigration Market cafe, and most importantly a snuggly soft bed with no kids in it or anywhere near it. Sleeping in. Fantastic.

I just want you to know that I have the greatest husband on the planet and I'm not quite sure how I lucked out enough to marry him, but somehow I did, and it's been the greatest blessing in my life. I love you, Troy. There, now it's recorded for posterity.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh, a night away with no kids! How wonderful for the two of you! Congrats! We love you!

ghd3 said...

Happy Anniversary! We're coming up close behind. Glad you had a nice getaway together.... Sounds like fun, especially the sleeping in part.