Friday, February 08, 2008

Funny Kids

Oh, these kids of mine. Does any body here know how to be a parent? I'm pretty sure I don't. I'm working on it, believe me, but there have been some days this week when I was out of ideas. My two darlings appear to hate each others' guts. I'm not kidding. About three days this week they have been like a terrier and a weasel every second they've been together. Even with one of them away at school or at play dates - no amount of time apart seems to be enough of a break. And then suddenly they'll just be sweet and play together. Of course, in this picture, they had to be asleep to be nice to each other:



This morning Stomper decided that he needed a bath. The rest of us were sitting at the table eating breakfast together and we heard him singing in the tub. I guess he liked the way his voice sounded with his ears under the water. I need you to know that I am swallowing some pride here in revealing the disgusting-ness of our bathroom...we're going to get to it, okay? Anyway, Stomper was hilarious. He went on and on and on - I just caught a little clip of him; I didn't want him to catch me filming him. Troy and I just sat at the table and laughed into our hands.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

What a cutie! I love it when the kids sing and they don't think anyone is listening...so innocent and cute!

jefferies said...

Rach,
I do know how you feel about parenthood. It is the most humbling endevour I have taken upon myself. I thought I would be great, because I have always been pretty good at everything else in my life. But surprise!! I found out I cannot control my kids...no matter how hard I try to be a good parent I still feel those "looks" from observers. Haha! Nothing could have prepared me for it.
Darling children though. They always end up melting your heart, eh?