Monday, September 12, 2011

Free Time with my Bundle

It feels like it has been 100 years since I was running around the city with just one little toddler on my hip.  Stomper and I spent almost three whole years together partaking of what our city has to offer until Bitty came along.  Poor Bitty.  I know she got alone time with me as Stomper started preschool, but definitely not as much as Stomper.  I owe that girl a date. Any suggestions?  And then as the two of them got bigger and started school, life kicked into high gear and Bundle has spent her babyhood being dragged to meetings and to the grocery store.  We definitely get our alone time, but my to-do list has blossomed before my eyes and I never seem to get it all checked off.  And Bundle pays the price.  So last week I decided to chuck the dang list for the day and just go to the zoo.  No special occasion, just time together.

She, I feel I have to confess, just has to be the cutest little bug on the planet.  Her little voice, so tiny, is adorable especially as her vocabulary rivals mine and her annunciation is perfect.  I can't get enough of her mannerisms and funny faces, and I'm sad that every time I pull out the camera to record some of this she goes totally silent and still.  I'm trying to be sneaky, but she remains ellusive. 

The zoo trip was definitely worth it and it will be a priority from now on to enjoy stuff like that more.  As my friend stated, the to-do list will always be here.  Your toddler won't!




2 comments:

Melissa said...

Call me next time. Peter and I were going to go to the zoo last week, but the wind changed our plans. He asks to go several times a week so I definitely owe him a couple of zoo trips.

Windybrook Spinner said...

Rachel--you already know this, but you are awesome. I want to be you when I grow up. =)