Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Ladies!

When my friend Charisse asked who might be available for the 2nd annual Girls Weekend St. George GetAway, I think I was probably the first one to reply with a resounding YES MA'AM me me me!!  Funny, last November after our girls trip we had so much fun we decided we should try to pull it off every few months....but as it turns out that is just not possible.  We can barely get it together just once a year!  But I am going to go ahead and say it's well worth the effort.  This is such a great group of women whom I'm proud to know and call friends.  A couple people came this year who couldn't last year, which was nice, even though there were one or two attendees last year who couldn't make it this time. They were missed.

That Thursday that we left was such a stressful day - I had to work that day, and I tried to do a bunch of cooking and cleaning plus packing.  No, I definitely could not have done these things in advance....because....that would go against my procrastinating nature.  Ahem.  Anyway, stressful day on Thursday.  So when Charisse came to pick me up it felt even more relieving and restful than ever to just hop in the car, lean back and head on out of town.  We had been having some really cold weather up here in Salt Lake, so heading south felt just, you know, fabulous.

You don't need all the details.  I'll just say that a couple of days in the desert, complete with great food, darling friends, a temple trip, movies, walks, sleeping in, hanging in the hot tub, shopping and perhaps a pedicure were just the ticket for a very spoiled weekend.  Thank you Troy.








Swig.  I think we only went four times in three days.



1 comment:

Melissa said...

So wish I could have been there. I still say we try for at least a spring getaway before next November.