Monday, July 08, 2019

Massive Marvel Marathon

It was 12 years in the making. Twelve YEARS! Little did I know, that first time I saw Iron Man, way back in 2007, what the scope of the Marvel Cinematic Universe would entail, what fans my family would become, and how much popcorn we would consume in the process of seeing every single Marvel movie in the theaters. We just love this franchise, this Universe, this alternate reality that I sometimes emotionally visit.

Over the 12 years there were 22 movies leading up to the final hurrah - not that there won't be more, of course there will be more, but the last of this era. The last of the Avengers movies, Endgame, came out on April 26th. As a family we decided, in early March I think, that we wanted to rewatch all of the movies to build up to the climactic ending. It was quite a feat, I will tell you what. We had more than a month to do it, but still 22 movies is quite the tall order! It was so much fun though, and really kept our spirits up during the long cold spring. Weekend nights, sometimes double features on Sundays, and even occasionally on school nights, we would turn one on and enjoy them all over again.

It made it quite the anticipatory build-up to get to Endgame. And let me tell you, that movie did not disappoint. At least not for me. I loved it. Tears, laughter, lots of feels. The kids and I all shed some tears. I was lucky enough to see it twice - our good friend Jon had company tickets for the preview night, so Troy and Chase and Romney and I went - IMAX and everything. Awesome. And the very next morning we had tickets with the Moores. Since Troy had been able to see it already, he was happy to not miss work for a second viewing, so Chase brought his friend Zoe. I loved seeing it twice in a row, loved seeing it with family and friends....I'm still kind of not over it. I'm actually still in a bit of Marvel-withdrawal. Maybe we'll have to watch them all again...


Dumb photos of movies, but I had to show off my 24-hour countdown that I set up on my watch








No comments: