Friday, July 05, 2019

Weirdest Weather Ever

I think it's important to document that the spring of 2019 was the weirdest.

For starters, it stayed so cold and so gray for what felt like decades. We just could not get sunny warm days. We waited and waited - we made it through eternal January and horrid February and by March were hoping for at least some sun even if it was still cold. But no. And by the time April rolled around we had resigned ourselves to an onslaught of rain storms the likes of which our valley has pretty much never seen.

I feel okay documenting this fact since it is now July and we have officially made it through. Even June stayed quite cool. I guess it was about on par with the averages, but since for what seems like years we've been above average it's felt down right chilly. This week we had a day in the 90s, I think only the 2nd or 3rd time we've made it into the 90s this whole summer. Yesterday, Independence Day, was wet and we wore sweatshirts to fireworks. It's been weird.

Why I feel like I need to mention this is beyond me. I just wanted to say...we made it through a very gloomy spring. Yay us.



No comments: