Tuesday, December 03, 2019

A Very Early Birthday Party

School started on the 19th of August. Just two days later Romney turned 14. This was just the second day that she was waking up at 5:30 so she could be to school by her 6:15 am seminary class. And when I say, waking up, I mean, was getting hauled out of bed by her exhausted mother. So she and I had a little mini birthday party where she opened one gift - a new set of scriptures for her to use in her class, which she absolutely loves by the way. She has met a group of kids in that class who are also heavily involved in the theater department, which is where Romney has found her high school home. 




Because her big gift was tickets to see Cinderella at Hale Center Theater, we didn't have a lot else going on that day. Also....I'm writing this way after the fact and I can't really remember. I'm sure we did dinner. I'm sure I tried to get her to go to bed early.

So here's the thing. Romney is totally amazing. She has melded so beautifully into high school I can hardly believe it. She has instantly found a circle of friends and has dived head-first into the theater department. I'll tell you more about that later - it's a little surreal since she is at the same high school were I dived head-first into the same theater department. I'm a little jealous and perhaps get slightly more emotionally involved in her experiences than I should. I'm just proud of her. She has gotten really really into artwork as well and has an incredible talent. That plus the cello....well, she's beyond busy. SO BUSY. And I think she's turning into an amazing woman. Love you, Romney.

These are horrible birthday pictures.

No comments: