Thursday, July 28, 2022

The Amazing Emma

What I was searching for a photo of was Emma and some kids she has been babysitting, but then I came across all of these fun photos from the springtime and just had to throw them in here. She's so cute. Springtime for Emma was filled with growing friendships, a true triumph for a seventh grader. It was filled with babysitting, which was a new challenge for her. Romney is not a babysitter. It's just not not something she enjoys, but Emma is taking to it quite well. At first I went with her just to make sure all was well if she needed help. I guess I have too many traumatic memories from my own early babysitting days of not knowing how to handle things. But slowly I helped her less and less and she has done several jobs all on her own. I'm so proud of her. Of course, those photos I was looking for were the ones I couldn't actually find!


Here she is during spirit week at school, on Decades Day - she made the cutest bobby soxer, wearing a skirt that she made herself.




Here she is just being adorable. 



Here she is with this totally adorable friend from our neighborhood. We went to go see Cinderella at a theater in Centerville. I love that play, and we got to sit in the front row.


I'll have to keep looking for the photo of her babysitting. She's doing a great job. Growing up through 7th grade is not life's easiest task. Just wanted to write a little love note to Emma!

No comments: