Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Emma Gets a Glow-Up

 


It turns out that I didn't really pay close attention to how my younger daughter was growing up by leaps and bounds over the past two years. I mean, I knew she was growing taller and starting to wear makeup and pick out outfits with more care, but I didn't really see just how much she had changed until she got her braces off and I went back to find the photos of the day she got them on. Um HELLO that is a little baby in those photos. And now look. She dun grown up!!







Emma was a great orthodontic patient. I'm going to go ahead and brag about that. Okay okay I'm sure she wasn't the best flosser the world has ever seen. But here's where she excelled. She was patient. Her awesome doctor started talking in the fall about her braces coming off - perhaps even by Christmas. And then every appointment, he'd want to go one more appointment out before deciding. Believe me, I have no hard feelings. He is a really great orthodontist and he wanted her teeth to be as perfect as he could possibly make them. I totally trusted him. But it did take some patience from Emma. She had one point where she had to wear a configuration of seven rubber bands, crisscrossing around so she couldn't even open her mouth. And she totally did it. 

Ever since her braces disappeared she has gotten so many comments about how grown up she is. It's true - when you compare her current photos to the day she got her braces on - can you even believe how different?

No comments: